MIDORI AUTO LEATHER CO., LTD.
Places of Business
Head Office and Yamagata Plant
57-1 Sansha, Yamagata City, Yamagata Prefecture 990-0898
Tel: +81 23 684 4311 (Main) Fax: +81 23 684 4317
Midori Anzen Building 4th Floor, 5-4-3 Hiro-o, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8455
Tel: +81 3 3442 2349 (Main) Fax: +81 3 3442 2369
Yamato Branch in Kanagawa Prefecture
Minamirinkanichijyohaim101,1-1-10 Minamirinkan, Yamato City, Kanagawa Prefecture 242-0006
Tel: +81 46 244 0190 Fax: +81 46 244 4872
Toyota Branch in Aichi Prefecture
Toyota SK Building 5th Floor, 3-5 Akebonocho, Toyota City, Aichi Prefecture 471-0835
Tel: +81 565 74 2800 Fax: +81 565 74 2805
Hiroshima Branch in Hiroshima Prefecture
2-10-15 Shoko Center, Nishi-ku, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture 733-0833
Tel: +81 82 278 0690 Fax: +81 82 278 2786
Fukuoka Branch in Fukuoka Prefecture
Nisshin Building 2nd Floor, 3-5-18 Hakataeki-Minami,
Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City, Fukuoka Prefecture 812-0016
Tel: +81 92 474 1202 Fax: +81 92 483 6696
March 28, 1946
370 million 110 thousand yen
Description of Business
1. Manufacture and sale of high-quality leather for car seats
2. Manufacture and sale of high-quality leather for furniture
3. Manufacture and sale of cosmetics (collagen)
Apply Science to Natural Materials
Midori Auto Leather truly sees us all as part of this living organism we call Earth and our overriding policy is
to make sensible use of Earth's limited resources by creating only eco-friendly and truly life-enrichening products.
Our mission, "Apply Science to Natural Materials", underpins every product we make,
whether it is genuine leather that has been with us throughout human history,
or natural collagen that is vital in food, medicine, and cosmetics today.
Greeting from Directors
Times have changed since Matsuo Basho, the famous haiku poet, visited Yamagata over three hundred years ago.
Yet, still the plentiful hot springs, hearty cuisine, and amiable simplicity of the local people maintain an unwavering charm.
Genuine, natural leather has a warmth that evokes a sense of serenity, and the passage of time adds to its maturity.
We believe that for leather lovers, growing old with their beloved products is a joy and something they can look forward to.
Midori Auto Leather Co. Ltd., situated in the rich, natural environment of Yamagata prefecture,
strives perpetually to reform technology and contribute to the enrichment and quality of people's lives.
In November 1991, in response to increasing societal demands, we established an all-new plant and central research center.
Proudly standing by our mission, "Applying Science to Natural Materials",
we continue to champion specialized technology in the creation of strikingly original products,
along with friendly and attentive Sales and Support teams,
the collective aim of which is to ensure the satisfaction of each and every customer.
Here's to your continued support of our products and a bright future for all.
Motoko Matsumura, Chairperson and Representative Director
Fujio Matsumura, President and Representative Director
Hokuyo Leather Industries Co., Ltd. (capital of 190 thousand yen) was established at Hasedo,
Yamagata City. Began manufacturing genuine leather primarily by tanning using tannins.
Handed over all stocks to Ryou Kyowa Co., Ltd. (presently Ryogin Fudosan Co., Ltd.)
Formed business alliance with Midori Anzen Industries Co., Ltd.
Began mass production of upper leather for safety shoes for preventing workplace injuries
Midori Anzen Industries Co., Ltd. took over the entire operation.
Changed trade name to Hokuyo Kasei Industries Co., Ltd.
Provided capital and began dispatching engineers to Atlantica, Brazil
Changed trade name from Hokuyo Kasei Industries Co., Ltd. to Hokuyo Co., Ltd.
Midori Anzen Co., Ltd. amalgamated Midori Anzen Industries Co., Ltd.
Established Guangzhou Midori Hokuyo Leather Products Co., Ltd.
Established Midori Auto Leather North America, Inc.
Established Jiaxing Midori Hokuyo Leather Co., Ltd.
Established Midori Auto Leather Mexicana S.A. de C.V.
Changed company name to Midori Hokuyo Co., Ltd.
Changed company name to Midori Auto Leather Co., Ltd.
Established Midori Auto Leather Germany GmbH
and Health and Safety Policies
1. We develop technologies that enable us to respond to the latest demands of customers.
2. We provide robust, high-quality products to satisfy customers.
3. We observe laws and regulations, agreements, and other requirements set forth by the organizations we belong to,
as well as our own company's voluntary regulations.
4. We operate quality management systems appropriately and strive to continuously improve them.
Health and Safety Policies
1. Our basic principle is Safety First and all employees promote activities in regard to health and safety.
2. We observe all laws and company rules regarding industrial health and safety.
3. We operate industrial health and safety management systems appropriately and strive to continuously improve them.
4. We provide opportunities for activities that preserve and enhance health, and support voluntary health maintenance by employees.
5. We clarify the risks involved in work so as to reduce and prevent workplace injuries.
6. We conduct thorough investigations to determine the causes of injuries and prevent recurrence.